PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Are you looking for Nursery Rhyme Sequencing activities? Use a story wheel to retell the Nursery Rhymes. Respond. Reflect. Relate. Retell. Write about your thinking! Sequence the story using story graphics!
Nursery Rhymes Activities: Story Sequence and Reading Response – Set 1
· Jack & Jill
· Baa, Baa Black Sheep
· Mary had a Little Lamb
· Hey Diddle, Diddle
• Retelling in a drop strip from 1st to 4th
• Retelling the story in a circular sequence following the arrow directions.
• Retelling using a spinner.
Retelling with sentence strips and graphics
• Use sentence strips and story cards to re-tell the story. Make stick puppets!
• Auditory Discrimination and Memory
• Respond. Reflect. Relate. Retell.
Track the text in the sentence strips.
Writing Frames – Some Suggested writing ideas:
• Draw a picture and/or write a story in response to the rhyme.
READ AND RESPOND
• Draw a picture of your favorite part of the rhyme.
• Draw a picture of your favorite character. Why do you like this character? What would you do?
• Draw a picture of your favorite setting in the story.
READING RESPONSE / WRITING
• Retell the Nursery rhyme in your own way.
• Draw a picture and dictate or write your own version of the story.
Check the ways this resource will be helpful and fun!
• Literacy Center Activity
• Library Corner
• Homework Activity
You might like one of these Products:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I appreciate reading feedback!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,
Laurie Fyke @ Primarily Learning
Teach – Play – Learn
Please Note: These products were created as supplemental resources to complement teaching synthetic phonics programs like Jolly Phonics. These products were independently created and are not officially endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with Jolly Learning Ltd.