Nursery Rhymes Activities - Story Sequencing - Story Retell Kindergarten
What educators are saying
Also included in
- The perfect combination of nursery rhyme activities, and posters! Your kindergarten and first grade students will love practicing retelling with this print and go sequencing activity, that includes printable posters! Nursery rhymes and sequencing go hand and hand! The printable posters help studentPrice $8.75Original Price $11.00Save $2.25
- Everything you need to teach story sequencing for the entire school year! These ready-to-use sequencing resources include MANY different sequencing units to help your kindergarten students learn to identify and describe the order of events. Students will love using their sequencing skills to placePrice $90.00Original Price $137.75Save $47.75
Nursery rhymes and sequencing combined! Your kindergarten and first grade students will love practicing retelling with this print and go sequencing activity. Nursery rhymes and sequencing go hand and hand! Rhymes can be used to develop and strengthen students' listening and speaking skills, phonological awareness, and word recognition. These bright and colorful cards help students practice sequences of events, beginning middle, and end, and story structure.
⭐️BUNDLE AND SAVE ⭐️
Purchase the Nursery Rhyme Bundle and save 20% today!
These retelling nursery rhymes will have your students excited to practice the critical thinking skill of order of events while also practicing their fine motor skills. Your young learners will enjoy cutting, pasting, and putting the events in order. The nursery rhymes are engaging and perfect for sequential order.
Each Rhyme Has 2 Sets of Cards
- One with words and pictures OR
- Rhymes with just pictures.
Also Included Are Printables for Each Rhyme:
- sequencing pictures- students put the pictures in order
- sentence building- students unscramble 1 line for a rhyme and illustrate a picture.
⭐️Nursery Rhymes Included
- Hey Diddle Diddle
- Humpty Dumpty
- Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Hickory Dickory
- Little Miss Muffet
- Jack and Jill
- Twinkle, Twinkle
- Baa Baa Black Sheep
- Mary Had A Little Lamb
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
Nursery rhymes are the perfect tool for teaching reading skills. Rhymers are better equipped to notice that rhyming words often have shared letter sequences, which in turn gives them a head start in learning to read. These rhymes also give students the chance to practice pronunciation and intonation when they recite them.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Glenna L. said, “My students love this resource. We use it as a center during Reading in Kindergarten. They love to learn nursery rhymes and it is very helpful with sequencing and making complete sentences. ”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Cindy M. said, “I have used this everyday this week so far. My kindergarteners love acting out the nursery rhymes, but also, cutting them out and making a small book for their book box to use during Daily 5, read to self. I love seeing my kinder kiddo's "reading" the poems during read to self.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Sharon P. said, “This is a great sequencing activity and a great addition to my nursery rhymes unit.”
You may also like…
→ Rhyming Words Picture Cards │ Word Family Cards
→ Alphabet Letter Rhyme Bundle
→ Number Formation Posters │ Number Rhymes
Connect With Me
Adventures in Kinder on Facebook
Adventures in Kinder on Instagram
Get credits to use for future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
Visit the My Purchases Page and click the leave a review button. Your account will be credited for future purchases.
Having difficulty with a file?
Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q& A tab before leaving feedback.
Copyright © Adventures in Kinder and Beyond
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.