PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Nursery Rhymes Sight Word Activities for 4 Nursery Rhymes. Great fun for Kindergarten, and Grade One children to practice reading and writing words used in the nursery rhymes. Linked to the Common Core.
Nursery Rhyme Activities: Word Work - Set 1 (PRINT)
Included Nursery Rhymes:
· Jack & Jill
· Baa, Baa Black Sheep
· Mary had a Little Lamb
· Hey Diddle, Diddle
Some suggested activities:
Sight Words plus Flashcards
• Play a game called, “Minute to win it!”
• Print two copies of each card. Play concentration.
• Re-build the rhyme: in a pocket chart, on the table/floor; with stick-tac; while students hold the cards and re-arrange their positions.
• Match the word configuration or outline to the box.
• Note: The units of sound have been underlined and /or bolded. (works well with programs like Jolly Phonics)
• Letters that are not voiced have been printed in gray.
• Use the words at the bottom of the page. Find the words printed horizontally left to right, or vertically from top to bottom.
Answer keys have been provided.
Great word work activities for:
· Teachers using reading programs like Jolly Phonics
· Special Education Teachers
· EFL, ESL, ELD, ELL
· Classroom Teachers
You might like one of these Products:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,
Laurie Fyke @ Primarily Learning
Teach – Play – Learn
Save on more great resources! Click here to visit my store!
Please Note: These products were created as supplemental resources to complement teaching synthetic phonics programs like Jolly Phonics. These products were independently created and are not officially endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with Jolly Learning Ltd.