Need visuals, strategies, and activities to help teach Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker"? This 78-page unit can be used in conjunction with Visuals and Activities for the Nutcracker, or as a stand-alone set. The set includes:
* Nutcracker Rhythm Charts: Can be used for reading rhythm and having students figure out number of sounds in a word. Charts are included for tika-tika, ti-tika, and tika-ti practice; appropriate for grade 2+
* Nutcracker composition worksheet: Can be used for composing rhythm patterns using Nutcracker icons. Worksheets are included for ta and ti-ti and ti-tika practice; appropriate for grade 1+
* "March" Listening Slideshow: Great for introducing the "triplet" rhythm. Slides are included for preparation, presentation, and practice of triplet; should be used after students know ti-tika and tika-ti. Appropriate for grade 3+
*"Russian Dance/ Trepak" listening slideshow: Students label form with the visuals of Russian nesting dolls, also called Matroyshka dolls. Appropriate for grade 2+.
* A list of critical thinking questions about the Nutcracker, having students compare pieces, discuss preferences, compare dance and music, and more! Appropriate for grade 2+.
* Listening response worksheets: One for any piece of the Nutcracker, one for writing a story for "Dance of the Reed Flutes," and one for drawing a picture to illustrate their story
* Where in the World, Nutcracker edition: Slideshow for integrating social studies into lessons. After listening to Chinese Dance, Russian Dance, Arabian Dance, and Spanish Dance, students have to figure out continents for China, Russia, United Arab Emirates, and Spain, and view those countries on a map
Some of the materials are specific to Christmas, but many of the materials can be used anytime throughout the year.
Download the preview for more information.
Please rate this product, and follow me for product updates and freebies. You can visit my blog at www.mrsmiraclesmusicroom.com. Thanks for looking!