Also included in
- Take your students on virtual field trips all year round with these interactive presentations to practice and discover how music is connected to so much around us! These trips include songs, rhythm and melodic practice, listening, decoding, games, and so much more. This Bundle includes: Musical Hayr$30.00$39.00Save $9.00
This interactive Google Slides presentation will walk students through the magical story of the Nutcracker – complete with video examples of the ballet and music activities along the way!
You could do this all in one lesson (30-45 mins.) or break it up into 5 -10-minute mini-Nutcracker lessons throughout December.
- Google Slides Presentation
- Instructions Page
Which Grade Level is this for?
This would be a good fit for 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade.
What music concepts are included?
•Quarter note, Quarter rest, and paired Eighth notes
•So, mi, and la
What type of activities are included?
- Story slides tell the story of this ballet with pictures and small portions of text
- Press “Play” button to watch short clips of the ballet (on SafeShare)
- Students identify the Form of this piece
- Videos that guide the students to figure out the pattern of the music
- Draggable form cards for the student to use
- Complete video of the Rondo form
- Find the Nutcracker
- Interactive Rhythm Game for quarter note and paired eighth notes
- Students try to find the Nutcracker by…
- Click on a present
- Clap and say the rhythm
- “Open” the present to see what toy is inside
- Snowflake Melody
- Pick a Snowflake
- Sing the solfa pattern
- So, la, and mi patterns
- Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy
- Rhythm Play Along video
- Students clap along (quarter note, quarter rest, and paired eighth notes)
- Follow the snowflake in the B section with movement or with scarves
- Trepak Movement
- Follow along Movement Video
Anything Else I Should Know?
- This is a Google Drive File
- This product contains YouTube videos
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love hearing your feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded!
As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions.