Nutcracker Sub Plans for Non Music Substitute NO PREP
What educators are saying
Also included in
- 18 Christmas activities perfect for center during Christmas time! These will help students work on recorder, piano, rhythm, and composition. Some of these are for whole group, and some would be perfect for centers or work stations. You can also use the recorder or piano snowmen to practice notes onPrice $45.00Original Price $65.00Save $20.00
- I don't know what substitutes look like in your building, but in my school, subs are not allowed to touch technology, they know nothing about music, and my students act like crazies. So when I look at most elementary music sub plans, they do not work for me. So I decided to make some elementary musiPrice $30.00Original Price $37.00Save $7.00
- Looking for fun music lessons for the holiday season? These Christmas lessons include sing alongs, Virtual Field Trips, the Nutcracker, songs, rhythm, and more! These activities will keep your elementary music students engaged and learning about music until the end of the year.This is a growing bundPrice $60.00Original Price $85.00Save $25.00
Do you ever look at sub plans and think, "There is no way a sub could do that"? I've had subs who wouldn't even read a book! I designed these sub plans to fix that.
In these plans, all the substitute has to do is hand out supplies and maybe play a song or video on some pages.
This product includes two packets (one for younger students and one for the older students) perfect for your elementary music classroom. Activities include color by note, word search, create your own ballet storyline, describing music, reading comprehension passage, rhythmic practice, staff reading practice, and drawing scenery! The only thing that requires help is the very first page-- listen to a piece from The Nutcracker and draw a picture about it. All the sub has to do is press play!
The preview includes 5 of the pages from the packets-- not everything, but a sample to let you see the types of activities included!
These activities can also be done with the regular teacher while learning about The Nutcracker.
Want more? Click here to see the Nutcracker Virtual Field Trip!
- Answer keys
- 13 page packet for upper elementary (or middle school)
- 9 page packet for lower elementary
You may also like:
Christmas in the Music Room Bundle
12 Days of Christmas Music Activity and PowerPoint
Christmas Ornament Composition Activity
Christmas Rhythm Manipulatives and Flashcards
Arre Mi Burrito: A Spanish Folk Song for Christmas
Snowmen Recorder Matching Game for Music Centers
Snowmen Piano Matching Game for Music Centers
Snowmen Rhythm Matching Game for Music Centers
Christmas Tree Hunt and Christmas Music Charades
Let's be friends!
Blog: Becca's Music Room