Nutrition - science teaching PowerPoint presentation and 8 worksheets
'Nutrition' is an introduction to the topic of nutrition where students begin to identify that animals, including humans, need the right types and amounts of food.
This science teaching resource is an engaging 36 slide PowerPoint presentation and includes:
- What is nutrition?
- What foods you like to eat activity
- An explanation of why we need food
- Food groups - proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals, fats
- Food groups sorting activity
- Explanation of a balanced diet and the Eatwell Plate
- Creating a balanced meal activity
- Animal diets - carnivores and herbivores
- Animal diets research task
- Useful links
- Consolidation worksheet
'Nutrition' is fully editable so teachers can adapt the resource to suit the individual needs of each class they teach.