Nutrition for children in kindergarten and first grade explained with a non-fiction story. This unit also includes activities, worksheets, and crafts to help young learners practice writing, understand and remember key facts about healthy eating.
Choose my plate
Choose my plate - Healthy Eating for Preschoolers
Child Nutrition and Cooking 2.0 - Online Course (Stanford University/Coursera)
You can use this in the reading/literacy center, as an emergent reader, read aloud or for group reading.
You can print it or use with your laptop, projector or Ipad in class.
Worksheets and Activities:
- Food groups tracing/printing
- Whole grains and refined grains - cut&paste
- Food groups - cut&paste
- Make your own healthy lunch - Cut&paste to fill your plate
- Food labels/ingredients - More healthy and less healthy
- Fruits&veggies grouping
- A fruit&veggies rainbow - Draw&color
- Eat more of..or Eat less of.. - cut&paste
- Kinds of nutrients tracing/printing
- Nutrition Explorers Badges
- A nutrition explores award
- Craftivity: How to be healthy!
- Craftivity: If I eat healthy every day I...
The craftivities are linked to the following Kindergarten common core standards:
The story is linked to the following Kindergarten common core standards:
For questions or suggestions go to "Product Q+A" tab next to "Comments&Ratings"!
You can find me on Facebook: The Constant Kindergartener
And this is my blog:The Constant Kindergartener
Hope you enjoy this in class or at home!