Nutrition for children in kindergarten and first grade explained with a non fiction story. This unit also includes activities, worksheets and crafts to help young learners practice writing, understand and remember key facts about healthy eating.
Choose my plate
Choose my plate - Healthy Eating for Preschoolers
Child Nutrition and Cooking 2.0 - Online Course (Stanford University/Coursera)
You can use this in the reading/literacy center, as an emergent reader, read aloud or for group reading.
You can print it or use with your laptop, projector or Ipad in class.
Worksheets and Activities:
- Food groups tracing/printing
- Whole grains and refined grains - cut&paste
- Food groups - cut&paste
- Make your own healthy lunch - Cut&paste to fill your plate
- Food labels/ingredients - More healthy and less healthy
- Fruits&veggies grouping
- A fruit&veggies rainbow - Draw&color
- Eat more of..or Eat less of.. - cut&paste
- Kinds of nutrients tracing/printing
- Nutrition Explorers Badges
- A nutrition explores award
- Craftivity: How to be healthy!
- Craftivity: If I eat healthy every day I...
The craftivities are linked to the following Kindergarten common core standards:
The story is linked to the following Kindergarten common core standards:
For questions or suggestions go to "Product Q+A" tab next to "Comments&Ratings"!
You can find me on Facebook: The Constant Kindergartener
And this is my blog:The Constant Kindergartener
Hope you enjoy this in class or at home!