***UPDATE! I DOUBLED THIS UNIT IN SIZE RECENTLY!!!*** If you already own it, please go to MY PURCHASES and re-download it.
Yum yum! Teach your students about healthy eating with this fun unit! I have included ideas and activities for each of the food groups as well as reinforced the idea of healthy versus unhealthy food choices.
Included in this unit are the following:
- an original story written by me (sung to the tune Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush) with follow-up activities
- graphic organizers
- LOTS of art activities
- a shopping cart food sort
- full color cards of healthy and unhealthy foods
- sorting activities
- several graphing activities and worksheets (including "What is your favorite ice cream?" and "How do you eat your eggs?")
- blackline masters for sorting cards/worksheets
- I Eat a Rainbow activity
- syllable sort
- Pancake Measuring (such a fun activity!)
- pocket chart activity (fruits and vegetables)
LITERACY AND MATH CENTERS (*NEW!):
- Colorful Carrots -> unscrambling sight words
- Wacky Watermelon -> counting skills (1-10 or 11-20)
- Add 'Em Up Apples -> addition skills
- Cracked Eggs -> matching CVC words to picture
- Scrumptious Spelling -> spelling CVC words
- One Potato, Two Potato -> what number comes next?
- The First Bite -> beginning sounds
- "Can" You Count? -> counting by 10's
- Shake it Up -> digraphs th, ch, sh
... and LOTS more!
This activity goes great with my Nutrition Write the Room Activity
Check out my blog for more ideas and *freebies*!
Mrs. Albanese’s Kindergarten Class
Thanks for looking!