Build health literacy with an interactive and engaging Nutrition Scavenger Hunt!! This skills-based health education activity will introduce students to important nutrition terms and concepts. These terms and concepts lay the foundation for students being able to design healthy meal plans.
- Teach students basic nutrition terms and concepts
- Introduce students to the foundation of building a healthy diet
- Get students out of their desks and moving during this interactive scavenger hunt
Why you'll love it:
- Interactive and gets kids moving
- Creates an engaging opportunity for students to build health literacy
- High level of peer-to-peer interaction
- Nutrition clue cards, task cards, and exercise cards
- Two Student Worksheets and Activities - - The Scavenger Hunt and Fueling Your Body
- Exercise Posters (a demo of this download)
- Physical Health teaching video
> > > Blog post about this activity < < <
Highlighted Nutrition Terms:
- Empty Calories
- Real Food
- Daily Food Guide
- Teachers intentionally focused on empowering students to thrive.
- Health and Physical Health education teachers wishing to nurture health literacy
- Health and science teachers looking for a way to integrate movement and activity into the classroom
Free Lesson Plans -
- Download our Intro to Health bundle for free! Use this bundle to introduce students to health. Students will learn about the dimensions of health, explore the Wellness Wheel, identify what their best life looks like, and practice building healthy habits.
Free Skills-Based Health Workshop -S/a>
- A free teacher training workshop to help you discover what skills-based health education is, why it matters, and how to integrate this approach into your classroom. This self-paced workshop will help you become a teacher that not only helps students understand important health concepts but one that actually transforms how students live their daily lives.
We provide teachers with engaging health lesson plans focused on relevant issues.
Helping you equip students with the knowledge and skills to take ownership of their well-being and thrive. Our lessons are:
- Skills-based approach -
- Aligned to National Health Education Standards
- Fully Designed Plans - This means no extra planning and minimal prep!
- Comprehensive Focus -
If you like this resource, you might also like these related products:
- Fitness Lesson Plan Bundle
- PE Fitness Stations Circuit Training Workout with Posters
- Exercise Posters with Photos and Descriptions
- Physical Health Learning Stations
- Nutrition Lesson Plans with Food Label Digital Adventure
- How to Read Food Labels Digital Adventure
- How to Read Food Labels Digital Adventure and Lesson Plan
- Physical Health Lesson Plan Bundle: Healthy Habits, Nutrition and Fitness
- Physical Health Lesson Plans
- Physical Health Vocabulary Sort
Google Drive Disclaimer
Upon purchase, you’ll receive a link to access your resource on Google Drive. Using Google Drive is the easiest way for us to edit and update resources. This allows us to quickly respond to feedback, share new features, and make sure this product is serving you well!