This is a complete Nutrition Unit Plan for middle school or high school. I team 9th and 10th grade Health and my students LOVE how much technology they get to use with these lessons! The best thing about this unit is how much each student gets to learn about themselves, with regards to nutrition and healthy eating habits.
Assignments allow students to:
* Learn about MyPlate and what foods are included in each group
* Research what nutrients are important to our bodies and which foods contain those important nutrients
* List their favorite FAST FOOD items and then research online how "healthy" or "unhealthy" those items are; while selecting more healthy options at their favorite restaurants.
* Learn about the 5/20 Rule when it comes to selecting which foods contain "good sources" or "poor sources" of specific nutrients
* Figure out what their recommended totals are for calories and each food group
* Log / Journal 2 days worth of meals and then learn how many calories were in those 2 days
* Utilize food labels and analyze their nutrients in a group assignment
There are 12 items available with this unit plan including 2 OPTIONS for an end of the unit project. This unit will last approx. 3 weeks depending on your class schedules.