**This lesson is uploaded in two parts**
This lesson is an overview of Food Security and the factors that impact it. Learning goals are as follows:
- Define food security and explain the key components of it
- Understand the factors that impact food security including availability, accessibility, adequacy, sustainability, etc.
- Discuss how poverty, food insecurity and nutritional status relate
- Explain how food security is impacted by various food distribution systems
- Discuss strategies that would help combat food insecurity both at the local and global level
Ontario Curriculum Expectations covered include: D1.1, D1.2, D1.3, D1.4, D1.5