Students enjoy one of O. Henry’s surprise endings
as they explore the meaning of friendship
in “The Last Leaf,” one of the author’s most famous short stories.
Your 16-page, reproducible study guide
includes . . .
• introduction, background information, audio and video suggestions
• full text
of the short story
pertinent to the short story
• comprehension questions
that accompany the short story
• a vocabulary test
• a selection test
on the short story
• a number of post-reading topics for further discussion or research
• answer keys
This classroom activity is suitable for middle school, high school, homeschool, and college classes
To learn about new Class Act products, discounts, and freebies, just follow me
. Find my picture at the top right of any page in my store. To the right of the picture is a star with “Follow Me”
beside it. Click on the star, and I’ll send you customized updates about this store.
Here are other Class Act Press resources your students can enjoy:
• The Open Window: The Study Guide for the H. H. Munro (Saki) Short Story
• Dusk: The Study Guide for the H. H. Munro (Saki) Short Story
• FREEBIE!!! An Idiom by Any Other Name
• On Second Thought: Looking at Phrases That Use "Second"
• Tips of the Slung: A Humorous Look at Spoonerisms
• Amusing Adverbs: Fun with Tom Swifties
• Love Is All Around: Parts of Speech and Writing Fun