This is a lesson plan bundle that correlates with the story "Just 17 Syllables!" from the Open Court series Unit 3, Week 5. You will be receiving everything you need to teach this story effectively in your classroom! You will be receiving:
- a spelling list and activity sheet;
- a vocabulary organizer
- vocabulary cards
- vocabulary skit cards
- a vocabulary activity sheet
- an exit ticket to relate to the essential question
- a note-taking organizer for the main selection
- A Contrast Chart to prepare students to read the selection
- text dependent questions to teach the comprehension skills outlined in the teacher's edition
- A set of phonics cards to implement while playing a phonics game with the shades of meaning phonics lesson.
- lessons plans to correlate with your green and blue bands with links to correlate with the skills you are teaching - ELA lesson plans
- lesson plans to teach your red band as well! All you need to do is print out the resources and you are ready to go!
Several of the activities I have created could also be used in workshop, as homework, or in a literacy center. It's basically up to you and the way you choose to implement my creations!
If you have any questions please feel free to leave a question or email me at email@example.com and I'll be happy to answer it as best as I can.
If you haven't already, please follow me so you'll be alerted when I post more activities and bundles related to the Open Court series! Don't forget to leave feedback to earn your TPT credits!
Thank you for considering my products!