Writing Task Cards: October
Common Core Aligned
You may also be interested in: Writing Task Cards: November
Start every class with a Quick Write! Quick Writes are a versatile strategy used to develop writing fluency, build the habit of reflection into learning, and informally assess student thinking. The literacy strategy asks learners to respond in 2–10 minutes to a given prompt, then share their response with peers. Quick Writes help students become fluent, organized, confident, skilled thinkers and writers!
Quick Writes are used to . . .
- Activate prior knowledge
- Help students make personal connections
- Promote reflection
- Foster critical thinking
- Prepare students for discussion
- Increase background knowledge and broaden worldview (when shared)
- Reinforce vocabulary
- Informally assess student knowledge about a given topic
- Increase engagement in Think-Pair-Share activities
- Help students brainstorm
This 25-page product includes:
-36 Task Cards containing 89 original writing prompts
-Homework Check Sheet, Teacher Tips, Learning Objectives, and Common Core State Standards
- Student choice on every card
- Writing Prompts integrate a variety of disciplines, including Science, Social Studies, Music, Art, Technology, and Language Arts
- Some cards prompt students to draw or illustrate their responses
I ♥ Followers!
Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the red “Follow Me” star on Literary Sherri
Interested in becoming a TpT Seller? Click here to sign up
then leave a note in my Q&A . . . I’m glad to help you with tips and strategies that will reduce the TpT learning curve and help you off to a great start!