Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Our Of Mice and Men Unit Teaching Package has 200+ pages and slides of engaging activities. Learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity in these standards-aligned resources built from best practices.
NOVEL: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
TOTAL: 200+ slides/pages
Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
Save $$$ and buy the bundle. »»» Print Version »»» Digital-only Version (coming soon...) »»» Combo Version (coming soon...)
What other teachers are saying about this literature unit:
♥ I have purchased every novel unit plan I can from Created for Learning. They save me so much time and I don't have to worry about not hitting the standards. The units engage my students and get them thinking! I am thrilled with the content and especially love how the unit is clearly defined by a calendar which serves as my pacing guide. The unit is also user-friendly and includes answer keys. Very practical, engaging and comprehensive! Thank you so much for crafting such a fine product! Thanks again!
♥ Very thorough unit plan with a lot of activities. Great supplement to what I currently use.
♥ I'm so excited to use this! I've taught Of Mice and Men multiple times before, but was looking for something new and a little more thorough for my kids. This will be great! Thank you!
♥ I get your materials all the time!! Thanks for offering this.
♥ Fantastic, comprehensive resource! I'll be back :)
♥ Have bought a few units from this buyer and I absolutely love them! They hit everything!
»»» MEETS COMMON CORE STANDARDS «««
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS:
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the novel
- 11-pages/slides activity
- John Steinbeck's hometown, Soledad, the Gabilan Mountains, the final scene with Lennie and George...they even get to see much of it in 3D zoomed in to the street view. It's rockin awesome.
- 12-location 3D tour across the California farming valley
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page organizer
- Suggested Answer Key Provided!
- Students analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 2-page organizer
- Suggested Answer Key Provided!
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 4-page organizer
- Students analyze 9 different symbols in the story
- 12-page bundle
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ slide PowerPoint will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
- analyze and complete 39 figures of speech specific to the novel
- 5-page bundle (3 parts)
- Similes vs. Metaphors
- Figurative Language Analysis
- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Hyperboles, Analogies, Personification, Onomatopoeia, Puns, Symbols
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 22-question PowerPoint
- 90 vocabulary words from the novel
- three 30-question lists & quizzes
- 12-page Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer keys
- a 5-question pop quiz for each of the 6 parts of the novel
* 26-slides of PowerPoint Quizzes
* 12-pages of Printable Quizzes
- The purpose of these is so students who read the chapters recently would ace the quiz and students who didn't read recently would not do well.
··· Essay and Speech
- 3 response to literature essay options for students to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay topics and speech grading rubrics
- 6-page bundle
··· Movie vs. Novel Comparison
- 2-page Worksheet
- Students compare & contrast the movie and novel
*** 200+ pages / slides total ***
Enjoy Of Mice and Men! Now go live off the fat o' the land.
»»» OTHER OF MICE AND MEN AWESOMENESS
> Digital 1:1 Complete Unit (coming soon...)»»»
> Digital-Print Combo Unit (coming soon...)»»»
»»» OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY:
> We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
»»» POETRY UNITS:
»»» Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
> Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!