Also included in
- Explore the history, geography, landmarks, and symbols of the fifty states—and save 25%—with the Fifty States Super Bundle. This huge bundle contains a book—illustrated with original realistic images—for each of the fifty states. Each book in the series features:Fast Facts challenges students to fin$75.00$100.00Save $25.00
Introduce the unique characteristics of the nation’s 46th state with . Whether you’re studying your home state or learning about all fifty states, the Fifty States series is the perfect place to begin.
Each book in the series includes the following information:
- Fast Facts highlights basic facts, such as the state’s size and population rank, name origin, and capital, and also includes a map of the United States.
- Geography contains a map illustrating the state’s major cities, landforms, and biomes.
- History highlights a significant historic event.
- Landmark presents a major state landmark.
- Industry and Tourism gives an overview of major industries and crops, as well as a popular tourist destination.
- State Symbols includes separate pages about the state’s flag, flower, and animal
- State Trivia assesses comprehension, using a crossword puzzle format.
Oklahoma Vocabulary Words and Phrases:
bison, boomtown, calumet, Cherokee, Choctaw, conservation, dam, energy, Golden Driller, Great Plains, heritage, mesa, Osage, roughneck, Trail of Tears
- Identifying defining characteristics of Oklahoma
- Building content area literacy in social studies
- Reading fluency and comprehension
OKLAHOMA ACADEMIC STANDARDS FOR SOCIAL STUDIES: This resource can be used to meet the following Standards for Grades 1-4: K.2, K.3, 1.2, 1.3, 2.2, 2.3, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3
Sample Pages: Please see the preview for sample pages from the book.
Technical Info: The file is in PDF format, illustrated with original, high-definition images.
CLICK HERE to view titles currently available in the Fifty States series. Don’t see the state you need? Check back often—I’m adding new titles every week.
Connect with Let’s Get Real
Visit My Store: Click here to see all of the Let’s Get Real topics and resources. Look for the category list on the left side of the home page.
Facebook: Click here to follow me on the Let’s Get Real Facebook page for weekly posts about teaching strategies and resources.
Pinterest: Click here to check out the Let’s Get Real Pinterest boards for more ways to enrich your teaching themes.
What kinds of resources does Let’s Get Real offer?
Let’s Get Real take-home books and learning center resources focus on content-area literacy, that is, helping children gain the specialized science and social studies vocabulary that enables them to excel in reading fluency and comprehension. In addition, all Let’s Get Real resources are illustrated with realistic, original images and/or photographs.
How can I see what you offer or know when you’ve added new materials?
Click on the star to the right of this description (under my pic) OR click on my store link (above), then click on the star at the top of the page to follow Let’s Get Real. You’ll be the first to know about new materials, sales, and freebies. To view the resources by science/social studies topics, look to the left on the store page, under the heading Custom Categories.
What are TPT credits and how do I get them?
Every time you provide feedback for a purchase, TPT gives you 1 credit for each dollar you’ve spent. After you’ve used (and hopefully loved!) a resource, hover on your picture at the top of the page and open the “My Account” tab. Click on your “My Purchases” category. You should see a list of your purchases with a “Provide Feedback” button for each one. Just click the button and you’ll be taken to a page where you can rate the product and leave a comment for me. You can apply the credits you earn to any future purchases and I always appreciate your positive feedback.
What do I do if I have a question about or problem with a resource?
You can always contact me through the product Q & A tab, located at the bottom of the product description.
Please “share the love” by telling others how much you like Let’s Get Real products; but please don’t share the copyright. Each Let’s Get Real resource—including graphics and illustrations—is copyrighted by Dr. J/Teaching Texas LLC and may not be redistributed, sold, or placed on the internet. This resource is for one teacher-use only. Thank you so much for your support!