This activity can be developed individually as well as in teams.
1. Choose the die you want to use: the colored one or the black and White one; you can also print the black and white die on colored paper to make it more attractive for your students.
2. Print the cards with the decimal numbers on colored paper, cut and put them inside a bag or a recipient. If you want the cards to have more durability, you can laminate them.
3. Let students choose two cards randomly and then roll the die so they can know which operation is going to be done between the numbers chosen.
4. Give children the “show your work” sheet, so that, you can revise their mathematical process to solve each operation.
In this file you will find:
1. Two operations dice templates: colored and black and white
2. Five charts with decimal numbers
3. A "show your work" grid on which children will show the mathematical process
Hope this activity will be useful and interesting.