Student of ALL ages love to draw and color… especially in Math Class!
Math Mugshots are a GREAT way to review math concepts while providing some “color” to math class. You can use this activity to review for a test, as a homework assignment, as extra credit, or as an assessment.
Mathematical Concepts in THIS activity:
• Adding numbers in Scientific Notation (same exponent/different exponents)
• Subtracting numbers in Scientific Notation (same exponent/different exponents)
• Multiplying numbers in Scientific Notation (product coefficient < 10/coefficient > 10)
• Dividing numbers in Scientific Notation (quotient coefficient >1/coefficient <1)
• Word Problems (multiplication/division)
(Some answer will need to be adjusted to be written in proper form.)
How to use this activity:
Hand out student worksheets and instruct students to solve each of the problems.
2. When all of the problems are solved, hand out answer sheets. Tell the
students to find and highlight their answers on this sheet. This will
help them to check their work and make corrections, if necessary.
3. Hand out copies of the blank “WANTED” poster. Each correct answer
corresponds to specific feature of the Mugshot. Students will LOVE
drawing and coloring their suspects!
4. Hint: It looks GREAT if the kids outline their pictures with a black Sharpie!
Click Here to Visit My Store!
This resource is included in the following bundle:
MATH MUGSHOTS BUNDLE! SET 1
Click the links below for more "mugshots" and other products your students will enjoy!
Integers and Order of Operations Mugshot!
Linear Equations and Slope-Intercept Form Mugshot!
Solving Multi-Step Equations Mugshot
Scatterplots, Functions, and Slope Mugshot
Polynomials and Factoring Mugshot
7th Grade Common Core Review Mugshot
Scientific Notation Scavenger Hunt/Task Cards