Opinion Writing Unit: Your emergent readers and writers need to understand how to write opinion pieces. This unit has everything you need to teach opinion writing during Writers' Workshop. From graphic organizers, writing prompts and a structural framework to organize student thinking, this unit will give you the resources you need to develop students' love of writing and help them write opinions on topics and texts.
SAVE BIG WITH YOUR PURCHASE OF A BUNDLE: UNITS 1-8 Writers' Workshop Bundle
Who is this Product For?
Teachers who need more ideas to help their emergent readers and writers understand opinion writing. All of the ideas provided in this unit are for kindergarten and Grade 1 classrooms. This unit might also be appropriate for struggling Grade 2 students or students who have not participated in writers' workshop previously.
What is Included in this Unit?
* Outline of Workshop Time - Includes resources for conferencing and share time.
* A months worth of detailed lessons to help you teach your students how to develop opinion writing based on factual information.
* Several options for writing paper and printables such as graphs, circle maps, and an opinion graphic organizers.
* Rubric, Fact and Opinion Cards, and Anchor Charts
* Technology Integration Idea to Use Padlet for Book Recommendations (Technology is NOT needed to do this unit)
These opinion writing resources are designed to help you implement this unit with confidence and ease. The ideas and strategies in this unit have helped me over the years and I am confident will help you, too!
Other Writers Workshop Product Include.
Unit 1: Getting Started with Writers' Workshop
Unit 2: Teaching Small Moments
Unit 3: Revising and Editing Strategies
Unit 5: Procedural Writing
Unit 6: Expository Writing Unit
Unit 7: Mo Willems Author Study
Unit 8: Narrative Writing