Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This year, schools administering the Ontario Literacy Test for grade 10 students are permitted to post tips in test rooms. This is a radical change from conditions of the past in which the Ministry of Education mandated a total ban on literacy-related anchor charts in the testing environment.
This bundle of OSSLT posters may be printed and posted in testing rooms. While the posters do not provide examples (as regulated by the M. of Ed.), they do help students who struggle to self-prompt.
Alternately, the files can be printed as a concise study package for students to review in the weeks and days leading up to the test. They are a fantastic resource for grade 10 English teachers who wish to conduct a study blitz with their students.
Files are rendered in both .doc and .pdf for ease of personalization.
Included in this resource:
1. Tips for the Reading Selection Open Response (1 page poster)
2. Tips for the News Story (3 page poster)
3. Tips for the Opinion Essay (2 page poster)
4. Introduction Paragraph Builder (1 page poster)
5. Body Paragraph Builder (1 page poster)
6. Conclusion Paragraph Builder (1 page poster)
7. Tips for Reading Selection Multiple Choice Questions (1 page poster)
Do you have a resource request? I develop lessons and resources for secondary English teachers. Send me a message to find out more!