Also included in
- OUTSIDERS ACTIVITIES: Make The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton fun for your students by using these fun and creative class activities and assignments for the novel!===============================================================This Is Included In My Complete Unit Plan For The Outsiders. Click Below!THE OUT$12.99$17.81Save $4.82
- OUTSIDERS UNIT PLAN: This unit plan for The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton has everything you will need to teach the novel. With over 300 pages/slides of eye-catching powerpoints, printable assignments, questions, vocabulary, and interactive class activities, you will have everything you need!____________$29.99$46.76Save $16.77
- THE OUTSIDERS UNIT PLAN DIGITAL AND PRINT BUNDLE This unit plan print and digital bundle for The Outsiders by S E Hinton has everything you will need to teach the award-winning novel in a traditional or 1:1 classroom. With over 300 slides of eye-catching Google Slides, Powerpoints digital and print$49.99$76.75Save $26.76
OUTSIDERS ACTIVITY: SOCS AND GREASERS: Use this class activity for The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton to engage your students in exploring the similarities and differences between the Socs and Greasers! This is intended for use after Chapter 9 - 10, but could be used at any point in the novel.
This Resource Is Included In My Complete Unit Plan For The Outsiders. Click Below!
HOW IT WORKS
Students will enter the classroom to a poster that reads "Socs Vs Greasers". After being split up into their 'gangs' they will complete a group activity which exposes the similar hatred that each group feels for each other.
After sharing with the class, they will do another similarities/ differences activity that will expose the significant similarities between the groups.
To close the activity, students will receive 'quotation discussion cards' that include quotes from the novel which explore the idea that these two rival gangs are not as different as they seem!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• Detailed teacher instructions
• Poster for the door to welcome students to the lesson
• "Gang Labels" for the first activity
• 2 Group Assignment Worksheets for each gang (exposes the hatred of both groups)
• Similarities and Differences Worksheet (with answer key)
• Quotation Cards For Discussion
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS ACTIVITY
♥ This resource made my life so much easier! Students found it an engaging activity.
♥ Amazing activity. I will use this every year!
♥ Students had a blast with this! Thank you!
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
© Presto Plans