Differentiating long o as /ow/ and the diphthong /ow/
How many times do your children get now and know mixed up? I know my students can easily get the two mixed up because of /ow/! Crabby is here to help! This unit is to help your students differentiate between the long o as /ow/ and the dipthong /ow/.
Here are some of the things that you will find in this unit:
1. Anchor charts for your Smartboard or posters to print. There is a second version so you can save on ink. It is a helpful and easy story for students to remember.
2. Where is /ow/? With these posters students will find pictures that have the /ow/ sound and when you see /ow/? Say the sound! Great for Smartboards!
3. Crabby Can Write: Write Around the Room Cards and Recording Sheet.
4. Crabby Can Sort: Sort OW words into two groups and record the results.
5. Who has Crabby? An I have…Who has? game.
6. Eight activity sheets for /OW/ for lots of practice! Three activity sheets for each sound of /ow/ and two activity sheets with combined sounds.