This resource covers the integral, surface and deep features of Oxymoron. It contains full-on activities and assessments to cover the skills of literacy in an easy, structured, cover-your-bases system. It includes everything you need to get going with figurative language in your classroom.
This Resource Includes:
1. Detailed Lesson Plan
2. Assessment Rubrics
3. Oxymoron Chart
4. Commonly used Oxymorons
5. Worksheets with Answers (7 Exercises)
• Define Oxymoron.
• Identify oxymoron used in a text.
• Explore the formation oxymoron sentences.
• Give examples for oxymorons.
• Demonstrate effective use of oxymoron in writing.
Teachers can use this to enhance the language and writing skills of the learners, especially the technique needed to identify and use figurative language in writing.