Students will learn about Oaxacan woodcarvings and create a lizard painting inspired by the Mexican folk art.
In this lesson, each student will:
• Create a lizard painting inspired by the folk art woodcarvings of the Mexican Oaxacan people.
• Use the design elements of line, shape, space, texture and color to create their folk art inspired lizard.
• Learn about the life and folk artwork of the Oaxacan people.
• Use tempera and acrylic paint to create their inspired lizard.
• Respond to and analyze the work of their peers and discuss connections to each other’s work and work of the Oaxacan people.