Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.97 MB | 57 pages
Lesson and activities for German students learning vocabulary related to fruit and vegetables.
Designed to go along with Deutsch Aktuell 2, Kapitel 6A, but is general enough to work with any text. Typically used with a German 3 class, but could be used with German 2.
Includes the following:
- Prequiz to see how much students already know
- Vocabulary list and Power Point to introduce students to new vocab through immersion
- Homework activity to practice new vocab
- "Find someone who" activity
- Interview / identity guessing activity
- "Piggeldy und Frederick: Der Apfel" (activities to go along with this short video available on YouTube)
- Activity to help students brainstorm useful phrases when going shopping at a market/grocery store
- Worksheet "Warum Vegetarier" where students read various reasons for becoming vegetarian
- Article from Deutsche Welle on living vegan (includes questions)
- Socratic Seminar where students discuss being vegetarian (based on a Rubric by Angelika Becker and Laura King)
- "Fly Swatters" game board
- Quiz with Study Guide (Quiz includes identification, listening, speaking and writing sections)
Deutsche Welle article can be found here: