Help your students develop important survival skills while improving their reading, writing, spelling and vocabulary!
This practical book is filled with easy-to-use activities that focus on essential vocabulary and real-life situations to help students become more confident and independent. Key words are introduced, then reinforced through step-by-step exercises emphasizing word pronunciation, definitions, spelling, handwriting, problem solving, and more! A terrific way to help your students acquire vital life skills!
Words Include: vocation, attorney, electrician, dental assistant, lab technician, cardiologist, retirement plan, and many more.
Interest Level 7-12 | Reading Level 4-5
- 9 Lessons
- Activities that cover jobs in health care, construction, education, and much more
- Answer key
- And more!
Skills Covered Include:
- Apply information
- Choose the correct word
- Expand vocabulary
- Understand meaning of words and ideas
- Use context clues
- Use dictionary and glossary skills
- Develop life/survival skills
- Find relevant facts
- Spell correctly
- Understand and use reference sources
- Analyze information
- Write an original sentence
- Classify information
- Determine alphabetical order
- Express/justify an opinion
- Make decisions/choices
Bundle & Save! Buy all six Life Skills Vocabulary titles and save 25%!