Also included in
- Once a child has developed inefficient motor habits for writing, it can be very difficult to re-learn new patterns of movement. Even in occupational therapy, we can often teach a child conventional handwriting formations, but as soon as they go back to their classrooms, they use their old letters th$29.58$36.97Save $7.39
- I have bundled together over 120 resources that I developed over the past 10 years. Based on my 29 years of clinical experience, I chose these tried-and-true tools for school-based or private practice pediatric OTs working in a variety of settings, including virtual, in-home, clinic-based, and schoo$349.00$556.82Save $207.82
HANDWRITING REPAIR C: Fry Heroes - Using motor learning principles for blocked and random practice at the phrase and sentence level.
Once children have developed inefficient motor habits for writing, it can be difficult for them to re-learn new patterns of movement. Even in occupational therapy, we can teach a child conventional handwriting formations, but as soon as they go back to their classrooms, they often use their old letters that start at the bottom, go the wrong direction, are slow to produce, and more importantly are difficult to read. We all know students who have abundant ideas to share, but because of poor handwriting skills, are reluctant to write.
After students re-learn letter formations and are able to write short words maintaining correct letter formations, they still often do not have sufficient automaticity to use re-learned letters in their day-to-day writing. HANDWRITING REPAIR C: Fry Heroes implements Motor Learning Principles using “blocked” and “random” practice of phrases and sentences to build handwriting automaticity. This research-based method is pivotal in changing handwriting habits of children with and without visual-motor delays, through the 10th grade, including students with dysgraphia, learning disabilities, ADHD, and autism. Using these simple strategies, I am able to make a real difference in helping clients gain automaticity of handwriting. And you will too!
Included in Handwriting Repair: Fry Heroes: Grades 1-10
* I will teach you how to use motor learning principles to improve the effectiveness of your interventions.
* You will get comprehensive therapeutic protocols for implementing “blocked practice” at the phrase and sentence level. These are generally used as pull-out intervention strategies.
* You will receive paper tools for learners at a variety of ages and with varying motor control skills.
83 Phrases: From the first 100 Fry High Frequency Words with picture cues
25 Sentences: From CVC Words
25 Sentences: From CVCC, Final Blend Words
25 Sentences: From CCVC, Initial Blend Words
20 Sentences: From CVCC, Glued Sound (-ng, -nk) Words
91 Sentences: From the First 200 Fry High Frequency Words
* I offer an optional progress data collection system.
* You will find fun hero posters and motivational graphs for girls or boys.
These principles, protocols, and tools can be used with your school district’s officially adopted font and curriculum, whether it be Zaner-Bloser, D’Nealian, Handwriting Without Tears, or Print Path.
Fry Heroes Handwriting Interventions do not teach letter formations. This resource is for the student who knows how to make conventional letter formations, can maintain formations when writing short words, but is not able to maintain correct formations when writing sentences.
Fry Heroes is not a glitzy creative product. It is a practical application of research-based Motor Learning Principles that I have found extremely useful for the repair of inefficient handwriting habits. Do not purchase this product unless you are interested in providing a one-to-one intervention at least 2 times per week for a minimum of 10 weeks.
Sequence of Interventions:
*********************** TESTIMONIALS ****************************
♥ AS an OT, I like using this blocked practice for generalizing letter formation and repair of reversals while writing frequently used words and phrases. Nice format to apply in a short period of time.
♥ Great! Using with some of my O.T. kiddos!
♥ Great resource for my self contained classroom.
♥ A great addition to your other products that I love. Everything is really helping.
♥ A different way to work on handwriting, it creates some good options for some students.
♥ Great, unique resource!
♥ Organized and useful.
♥ This assisted all of my students with their handwriting!
♥ This has been very good at helping students struggling with handwriting.
♥ Awesome, easy to use resource!!!
♥ This was recommended to me by a colleague and I love it. The important thing is that my students are enjoying it as well. I'm excited to see improvement in their writing.
♥ This has helped so much. Thanks for helping me figure out where to get started. I'm already starting to see glimmers of improvement.
♥ Easy to use--great resource for my fourth graders with dysgraphia and other handwriting issues. Thanks!
♥ A very easy intervention that is not frustrating for my ksi students. Thank you so much.
♥ Very helpful for those kids that need the visual
♥ Really helps! Really helpful for struggling writers!
♥ This has been a great help with a student I have that has been diagnosed with dyslexia and dysgraphia. he has been struggling with writing and reading. He has been successful with this product so far. I am so pleased to see him happy that he is reading these pieces.
#handwritingintervention #occupationaltherapy #fryphrases #dysgraphia #learning disabilities #ADHD #autism