Are your assessment tools and data tracking systems adequate to describe the breadth and depth of fine motor skills that you want to address in therapy? Print Path’s 3- to 5-year-old Fine Motor Baselines can be used as a survey tool and a progress monitor tool. Fine Motor Baselines is appropriate for use with preschool-age students and older children with atypical development. This tool will help a licensed Occupational Therapist use appropriate developmental prompts, and efficiently document observations. Fine Motor Baselines can help the therapist document the level of assistance given for a child to accomplish tasks or measure the percentage of mastery. It will help the therapist prioritize treatment objectives and document growth. Print Path’s 3- to 5-year-old Fine Motor Baselines cannot be used to provide age-referenced norms for an assessment.
Includes, for example:
* Observation prompts for the wide variety of fine motor skills seen with typically developing 3- to 5-year-old children.
* Research-based pencil grasp categories with picture descriptions and age norms, Use as a Parent &/or Teacher handout with tips to promote pencil grasp development.
* Cue cards for finger isolation, visual motor, visual perception, and motor control data collection.
* Fun activities to measure and document a percentage of expressed hand dominance and the ability to cross the midline.
* Visual Supports and schedule board to fully engage children who have poor communication skills, are anxious, or who are reluctant in an evaluation setting.
* Color-coded materials for fast and efficient data collection.
* This 2018 revision includes 12 new pages.
p. 2 - 6 ....... Therapist administration guide and table of contents
p. 7 ............. Fine Motor Baselines, one-page Documentation Sheet
p. 8 - 12 ..... Visual Supports and Visual Schedule
p. 13 ........... Illustrations, Categories, and Frequency of Pencil Grips, with teaching cues
p. 14 ........... Finger Isolation Cue Cards
p. 15 - 17 .... Assessment Procedure and Student Sheets for assessing Hand Dominance and Crossing Midline
p. 18 - 20 ... Copy Cards and Student Sheet for assessing Visual-Motor Motor and Representational Drawing skills
p. 21 - 24 ... Copy Cards, Student Sheet, Sorting mat and Task Cards for assessing Motor Control and Visual-Perceptual skills
p. 25 ........... Student sheet for assessing Bilateral Coordination
************* Customer Feedback *****************
✮ Great resource! Quick, easy and everything I need for quarterly assessments. Thank you!
✮ Very helpful for collecting data, identifying needs.
✮ Thank you for this wonderful resource. It has made my life so much easier than trying to do it myself. Great for my student's portfolios.
✮ Great reference for OT students who are learning more about pediatric practice!
✮ This is great!!! I have a meeting where I have to show how my student is doing with fine motor and this is perfect. I would have been lost without it!
✮ Informative and helpful.
✮ This is a very thorough, professional resource.
✮ Good tool for school-based therapy.
✮ A great resource for tracking progress.
✮ Superb! Very very helpful!
✮ This clinical observation resource is very well organized and easy to apply. Very useful in my practice.