Also included in
- Once a child has developed inefficient motor habits for writing, it can be very difficult to re-learn new patterns of movement. Even in occupational therapy, we can often teach a child conventional handwriting formations, but as soon as they go back to their classrooms, they use their old letters th$29.58$36.97Save $7.39
- I have bundled together over 120 resources that I developed over the past 10 years. Based on my 29 years of clinical experience, I chose these tried-and-true tools for school-based or private practice pediatric OTs working in a variety of settings, including virtual, in-home, clinic-based, and schoo$349.00$556.82Save $207.82
HANDWRITING REPAIR - Learning Letter Forms Is Not Enough: Finding the Missing Link!
Once a child has developed inefficient motor habits for writing, it can be very difficult to re-learn new patterns of movement. Even in occupational therapy, we can often teach a child conventional handwriting formations, but as soon as they go back to their classrooms, they use their old letters that start at the bottom, go the wrong direction, are slow to produce, and more importantly are difficult to read. We all know students who have abundant ideas to share but because of poor handwriting skills are reluctant to write. When they do write, they are not able to express their ideas, or read their own handwriting.
I have found that “blocked” practice at the word level is immensely helpful as a method to bridge the gap between a student’s learning how to form letters and starting to develop new handwriting habits. This research-based method has been pivotal for children on my caseload with and without visual-motor delays, including students with dysgraphia, learning disabilities, ADHD, and autism. Using these SIMPLE strategies, I am able to make a real difference in helping clients gain automaticity of handwriting. And you will too!
Handwriting Repair B: Tools for Blocked Handwriting Interventions includes:
* I will teach you how to use motor learning principles to improve the effectiveness of your interventions.
* Comprehensive therapeutic protocols for implementing “blocked practice” at the word level are included. 10 pages
* You will receive paper tools for learners at a variety of ages and with varying motor control skills. 71 pages
* Both in-class inclusive intervention strategies, 29 pages, and pull-out intervention strategies are included.
* To help you individualize services, I provide 400 of the most frequently used English words to use with pull-out services.
These principles, protocols, and tools can be used with your school district’s officially adopted font and curriculum, whether it be Zaner Bloser, D’Nealian, Handwriting Without Tears, or Print Path.
Blocked Handwriting Interventions do not teach letter formations. This resource is for the student who knows how to make conventional letter formations in isolation but is not able to maintain correct formations when writing words. This is not a glitzy creative product. It is a practical application of research-based Motor Learning Principles that I have found extremely useful for the repair of inefficient handwriting habits. Do not purchase this product unless you are interested in providing a one-to-one intervention at least 2 times per week for a minimum of 10 weeks. If you are an Occupational Therapist who is already applying blocked practice in your therapy interventions, then this will be of little value to you.
Sequence of Interventions:
************* TESTIMONIALS *************
⁍ Excellent product! I have needed this for so long! It is like having an OT as my mentor! Thanks for such fine work! We are adopting your materials in our private practice.
⁍ Fantastic intervention and incredible resource!
⁍ Working nicely for my RTI
⁍ This has been great for the few students that need extra practice, thank you!
⁍ Lots of info!
⁍ Easy to use intervention
⁍ A thorough resource!
⁍ Great resource, I wish I would have had this sooner!
⁍ Being well used in my classroom. Thank you!
⁍ Very handy. I especially like the spelling practice pages.
⁍ Wonderfully put together!
⁍ Good practice for my spec. ed. kids with fine motor issues.
⁍ It is wonderful to have this resource, I appreciate the uncluttered design.
⁍ Terrific resource! Thank you.
⁍ I am so pleased to find this! I purchased it as a parent to use with my child....it is comforting to have some professional direction and intervention right here at home! Thank you for sharing your knowledge! You clearly have the child's interest at heart! :)
⁍ Another great activity by Print Path
⁍ Works really well!! Thanks for providing this product. This works so well with my kids! Thanks for making handwriting important!
⁍ This is my first year providing handwriting intervention to many of my special education students and this resource is AMAZING. Thank you!
⁍ A practical resource that can be instantly applied. Thank you for sharing.
⁍ This is a fantastic intervention! This is very useful to target handwriting skills.
⁍ I'm so happy to have found this gem! Thanks so much!
⁍ This helped SO much with my kiddos who needed extra support!
Freebies and Discounts!
Follow my store Print Path OT on TeachersPayTeachers.com to stay updated on discounts and freebies. New products will be offered for free on occasion or discounted at up to 50% for the first 24 hours.
Comments... Love 'Em!!
Your feedback brightens my day and helps me to continually improve Print Path products. If you download this product, I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a comment. If you are not entirely satisfied with a resource that you have purchased, please email me, info@PrintPath.org. Thanks!!
You can print unlimited copies for yourself and your students. However, you may not distribute copies to friends or fellow teachers.
#handwritingintervention #occupationaltherapy #frywords #dysgraphia #learning disabilities #ADHD #autism #RtI #intervention #handwriting