Practice solving basic addition and subtraction word problems to 20 by using these ocean themed cards. Unknowns are included in all positions. These task cards work well in math stations or guided math groups. QR Code cards are also included for students to easily self-check their work when complete.
A variety of recording sheets can also be used for homework or quizzes. For independent practice students can create their own word problems using the mini books. Differentiated versions are included for those who need support with writing.
I have included my Problem Solving routine mini anchor chart as a freebie with this download. Help students remember the process by incorporating movement and repetition.
- 12 Colorful Word Problem Cards (for centers)
- Recording Sheets (color & blackline)
- 2 Worksheet pages for homework or quizzes (using the same word problems as reinforcement)
- 2 Answer Keys for easy correcting
- QR Code Cards for self-checking
- Problem Solving Mini Anchor Chart
- Ocean Word Problem Mini Book
Be sure to check out the preview for better details.
Common Core Alignment: 1.OA.1-Use addition and subtraction within 20 to solve word problems with unknowns
This activity is just one of many in my Diving into Math Center Bundle
For ocean themed literacy activities check out my Reading Reef Literacy Pack
To extend the learning (and savings!) consider purchasing my Oceans of Learning Bundle
which combines both literacy, math, and bonus materials!
K's Classroom Kreations