PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
“All About Sharks” includes everything you would need to work on vocabulary and comprehension skills with your students while helping them to gain content area knowledge at the same time! Differentiated reading passages (3 levels) allow you to meet the needs of all students to ensure complete understanding of the content. Take a look at the product preview for a closer look! This is 1 of 9 ocean animals available in the Ocean Animals Bundle.
All follow-up activities are thoughtfully aligned to the ELA Common Core for Grades 1-4. Reading levels on the 3 passages are perfect for a student reading at a high Grade 1 up through a high Grade 4 reading level.
• 2 Vocabulary Preview Charts: 1 blank and 1 with definition and visual filled in for teacher or student reference guide
• 3 Differentiated Reading Passages: Grade Level Equivalents: 1.5-4
• 2 Options for Finding Text Evidence: Color Coding, or Fill-ins (could use 1 or both options)
• Caption It & Headings Match Up: Students use what they have learned from the passage to match captions with their appropriate images. They also give each section of the text a heading (physical description, habitat, diet, defenses, or life cycle).
• Graphic Organizer: Students show their comprehension of the passage by sorting information into their appropriate categories (survival skills, habitat, physical description, etc.)
• Using Text Features: Caption It! & Headings Match-Up (cut and paste activity)
• Interactive Graphic Organizer: Students cut, glue, fold, and write in interactive organizers shaped like a shark. Two fill-in options included.
• Vocabulary Crossword
This paper version can be purchased along with the digital version in the:
This product is also part of the Science & ELA Integration Bundle, which is enough differentiated reading passages for the entire year!