Also included in
- Looking for a fun rhythm game to get your kids identifying rhythms? This ocean themed Google Slides game is the perfect thing to get students engaged during back to school review or end of the year. Perfect for teaching elementary music class-- in person, distance learning, or hybrid!You'll get....O$18.00$25.50Save $7.50
- Looking for some fun elementary music lessons for Hispanic Heritage Month or Cinco de Mayo? These printable and digital lessons include a variety or songs and activities for general music-- from first grade to fifth grade. This bundle includes song based lessons, like...Al citron from MexicoEn la Pu$25.00$37.50Save $12.50
- Vamos a la Mar is one of my favorite Hispanic Folk songs to use with my elementary music studnets-- especially during Hispanic Heritage Month! This song is from Guatemala, and talks all about going to the ocean. In this lesson, your students can sing, learn about Guatemala, improvise with ocean anim$8.00$10.50Save $2.50
Including both Spanish and English words and activities can help your students connect to other cultures and broaden their horizons. These rhythm cards are perfect for elementary music class. You can use them to compose, improvise, and dictate rhythms with your students. Pair with Hispanic folk songs, and use for Hispanic Heritage Month, Cinco de Mayo, or an time of year!
This set includes 20 ocean animal rhythm cards-- each one associated with the name of an ocean animal. There are 20 cards in English and 20 in Spanish. The animals are the same, but the rhythms and words are different.
All 40 cards are also available in:
- Color and black and white
- Spanish and English
- Full page and quarter page
- Regular rhythm notation and stick notation
These rhythms include quarter notes, barred eighth notes, half notes, sixteenth notes, and quarter rests. They are appropriate for second grade and older. You could also break the decks apart so that you can use them with different levels. Each card includes a picture to help students understand the Spanish word (or help ELL students understand the English word).
There are many lesson options, including dictation, composition, reading rhythms, playing instruments, centers, and more. Lesson ideas and song ideas are both included in the product.
- Lesson ideas
- Potential folk song pairings
- 20 Spanish ocean animal rhythm cards
- 20 English ocean animal rhythm cards
- Everything in regular notation + color
- Everything in stick notation + color
- Everything in regular notation + black and white
- Everything in stick notation + black and white
- All option in quarter page size
That is a total of 160 rhythm cards in full page size and 160 in quarter page size. All together, that is 320 rhythm cards.
You may also like:
Let's be friends!
Blog: Becca's Music Room