Ocean Currents and Air Temperature – A Fifth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with one editable slide that is also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (climate, current).
• Understanding how coastal temperatures and inland temperatures vary.
• U.S. climate variances shown between January and June (average high and low temperatures).
• Ocean currents explained.
• El Nino introduced.
The last slide is white-background and used for the printable. The printable is already in PDF form in the package. The white-background page is not included in the total pages. I include it in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The editable/review slide and printable:
• The activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match descriptions of different water currents with their locations on a map. Included are: California Current, North Atlantic Drift, Gulf Stream, Greenland Current, South Equatorial Current, and West Wind Drift.