Ocean Currents and Air Temperature – A Fifth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with one fully interactive presentation slide that is also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (climate, current).
• Understanding how coastal temperatures and inland temperatures vary.
• U.S. climate variances shown between January and June (average high and low temperatures).
• Ocean currents explained.
• El Nino introduced.
The last slide is white-background and used for the printable. The printable is already in PDF form in the package. The white-background page is not included in the total pages. I include it in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slide and printable:
• The activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match descriptions of different water currents with their locations on a map. Included are: California Current, North Atlantic Drift, Gulf Stream, Greenland Current, South Equatorial Current, and West Wind Drift.
SMARTBoard presentations require the use of Notebook Software. They are not compatible with Promethean Active Inspire software. There are free SMARTBoard viewers online, however.