This 64 PAGE DOWNLOAD includes a variety of fun activities to use in your therapy room this summer or anytime you teach with an ocean theme! GRAB AND GO! NO prep! Just print!
This packet addresses a variety of skills for a variety of age groups!
You will receive:
- 8 DOT ART or token reinforcement pages. They can also be colored. Use these pages with dot art paint (bingo style daubers) or magnetic tokens to reinforce students for completing any skill to your liking during articulation/fluency/language/voice therapy. You can also write actual words on the dots.
- 25 fun ocean scenes to be used for ARTICULATION AND PHONICS PRACTICE. The ocean has typical sea items but lots of other items, too! Students must find and color items in and around the ocean that contain their target sound. Each page contains pictures with a different phoneme, and there is a page for EVERY SINGLE PHONEME (and /l/, /r/, and /s/ blends). Students can practice saying the names of the items under the sea (and/or also tell in the context of the phoneme in the word... beginning, middle or end.) You could also use these pages to play “I Spy” for carryover of sounds into casual conversation. *These pages are perfect to send home for homework.
- 1 page of ocean themed words for DRILL (if desired). They are sorted according to phoneme. This also serves as a handy “OCEAN VOCABULARY” list!
-4 HOMEWORK pages for articulation practice! (or sight word/vocabulary word) Write words for students to practice on images then send home for homework - or stamp pictures on them!
- 1 "What's in the pool" scene jam-packed full of colorful images (not quite ocean themed but close :) You can use this page in many ways. Suggested uses to work on countless CONCEPTS are included in the download.
- 1 page of summer themed jokes/riddles to use in therapy. Students can read them out loud to each other to practice CARRYOVER of speech skills or you can use them to discuss all sorts of figurative language, multiple meaning words and even why these are funny. Take carryover even further for artic and fluency students by having students go out into the school or clinic and tell these jokes to strangers, workers, teachers, etc. while applying their speech strategies.
-4 EET COMPANION pages that include a visual to describe (and write about) fish, sharks, octopi, and whales.
- 3 roll and cover games to be used with either 1 die or a pair of dice. The person to color/cover the MOST or the first person to cover/color them ALL wins!
- 1 color-n-fold MINI BOOK about the ocean/sea. It is perfect for building background knowledge, teaching new vocabulary, and making themed associations. Detailed instructions for cutting and folding the mini book are included (including photographs).
-2 pages that include an ocean themed LISTENING/FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS activity that requires students to listen and apply their knowledge of basic concepts (particularly positional concepts, size, quantity, and attributes) in order to color the ocean scene. Two sets of directions are included, or you can make up your own!
- 7 more reinforcement pages to use with bingo daubers or magnetic token that include divers you would NOT normally see under the sea, but ones your little ones will love. You can also use goldfish crackers to cover the circles instead of magnetic chips.
- 1 ocean scene with speech and thought bubbles to work on appropriate DIALOGUE, writing complete sentences, using correct grammar in writing, making inferences, perspective taking or addressing appropriate conversational skills. Explain the difference between thought bubbles and speech bubbles and have your students write dialogue or whatever they feel the characters have on their mind!
15 pages contain color, but all the rest are black and white pages. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD the preview for a closer look!
If you like THIS product, be sure to check out ALL of my seasonal and holiday fun packs.
Thanks for stopping by!
You can find ALL of my summer themed products HERE!
Thanks for stopping by!