Ocean Math & Literacy Bundle | EASY PREP Common Core Activities for 2nd Grade
Products in this Bundle (3)
These ocean themed activities have a variety of engaging worksheets (20 math and literacy pages, a Sentence Scramble writing activity) AND an Addition and Subtraction Card Game including addition facts within 20 and subtraction within 10!
I created it because I needed a fun and engaging way to practice math fact fluency and other literacy skills with my students. This bundle has adorable graphics (shark, diver, crab, whale, dolphin, jellyfish, octopus, and turtle!) perfect for ocean themed activities!
And all of the worksheets and game are in color OR in black and white to save on ink and are EASY to PREP!
Plus, you SAVE OVER 30% with this amazing bundle!
What's included in the ocean themed activities?
- ABC Order
- Syllable Sort
- Past, present, and future tense verbs
- Noun and verb sort
- Noun, verb, and adjective cut and paste sort
- Main idea and details writing template
- Story Elements page - characters, setting, problem, solution
- Clark the Shark retelling template
- If I could be an ocean animal…writing template (+ additional blank page)
- Mixed single digit addition to 20 and subtraction from 1 0 (2 pages)
- 2-digit addition with regrouping (2 pages)
- Adding 3 2-digit numbers with regrouping (2 pages)
- Adding 4 2-digit numbers
- Double digit subtraction with regrouping (2 pages)
- Fact families (2 pages)
- Array word problems
Shark! Math Fact Fluency Card Game | Addition and Subtraction within 20
- Single digit addition cards for numbers 1-10 to practice facts within 20
- Single digit subtraction cards for 0-10 to practice facts within 10
★ A recording sheet is also provided if you would like some additional accountability for your students.
Use independently as flash cards or to play an individual game. (For example, if using as an early finisher activity, students can try to see how many cards they can get before centers is over.) Or, they can play with a partner to play these games:
- War – each play flips over a card. Solve the addition or subtraction problem. Whoever has the larger number wins (or smaller number, to change things up!)
- Kaboom or Bang! – see below for how to play
How to Play:
- Spread the cards out into a pile
- Choose a card from the pile
- Read the card. If you can read the card, keep it. If you can’t, put the card back. (If they are playing with a partner or group, I suggest having them help the student read the word if they missed it so they can learn it for next time). :)
- Special Cards
- Shark! – Put all of your cards back into the pile
- Minnow – Draw another card
- Lose a turn – If playing with a partner or group, you lose a turn
- Skip – If playing with a partner or group, you skip the person who has a turn after you
★ Use all the cards or choose which cards to use based on the math facts your students are learning.
Ocean Sentence Scramble | Sight Word & Handwriting Practice Activity
- 8 sets of trick or treat / ocean themed picture cards (8 words each card) to unscramble and put in order to make a sentence
- Recording sheet to write down sentences
- 4 worksheets (8 sentences) with lowercase words and without punctuation – cut out words, unscramble and put in order, then glue. Write each sentence, adding a capital letter and punctuation.
- 4 worksheets (8 sentences) with lowercase words, a capitalized word for the beginning of each sentence, and punctuation – cut out words, unscramble and put in order, then glue. Write each sentence.
- 8 word sentence worksheets
- 5 & 6 word sentence worksheets
The following sentences are included:
- The jellyfish can sting you with its tentacles.
- The great white shark swims in the water.
- An octopus has eight long arms with suckers.
- A crab pinches with its large red claws.
- The blue whale is the largest ocean animal.
- The diver looks for fish under the sea.
- The ocean is home to seven different turtles.
- Dolphins like to jump out of the water.
Be sure to check out the preview to see everything that's included!
- Decoding and fluency
- Sight words
- Using capital letter at the beginning of a sentence
- Using punctuation at the end of a sentence
- Complete sentences
- Expanding and making complex sentences
★ Pick and choose which pages you want to do, print, laminate and you're all set! You can time students for several minutes to see how many problems they can do, and use to inform instruction. Or they can complete it as a math center or during morning work.
Check out my other math and literacy resources available in my TpT Store. Search by category to find exactly what you need!
★ Under the Sea Sight Word Game with 172 Pre-primer, kindergarten, first, and second grade word cards from the Dolch sight word list for a fun and engaging way to practice sight words with your students!
★ Try my Back to School Math Fact Fluency Bundle, which has 28 pages of fact practice for basic single digit addition and subtraction
★ My Farm Fun! Math & Literacy Bundle has a variety of engaging activities (20 math and literacy pages! AND Addition and Subtraction Card Game including facts within 20)!
Would you like to have access to some of the math and literacy activities I sell for free? Stop by and visit my blog and sign up to become a VIP!
Thank you for all you do!