This Ocean/Beach Pack is full of fun hands on activities to help your little ones learn math and literacy concepts. Teacher directions are included to help you easily set up the activities.
• Fishy Sea Shapes: Students place circle, rhombus, hexagon, square, rectangle, triangle, oval, trapezoid, pentagon, and octagon shaped fish into the correct aquarium. Just print, laminate, and cut apart. A student page is also included.
• Colorful Cod: Students match fish by color or read color words and place in the correct spot. Colors included are red, yellow, blue, green, purple, orange, pink, white, black, brown, and gray. A black and white version of color matching is also included to save on ink. Run on construction paper or colored cardstock/paper. Print pages, laminate, and cut apart. Use on cookie sheets/magnetic board, pocket charts, or make into a file folder game,
• Sandcastle Sequencing: Students place three steps of building a sandcastle in order. Both color and black and white versions are included.
• Sandcastle Shapes: Students can build their own sandcastles from shapes cut from sand paper or brown construction paper.
• ‘Go Fish’ Upper and Lowercase Alphabet Cards: Students can match uppercase to uppercase; uppercase to lowercase; or lowercase to lowercase. Play ‘Go Fish’, a memory game, use in a pocket chart, etc.
• Shell Sounds: Pictures of beginning letter sounds on colorful shells for students to identify and match to the correct alphabet letter.
• Seashell Rhymes: Print, laminate and cut apart shell puzzles. Students match shell halves by rhyming words. Use in a pocket chart, on a magnetic board or cookie sheet, or as a memory type game. A student page is included to be completed individually or as homework.
• Under the Sea Rhyming Game: Students match fish with rhyming pictures to shells. Print, laminate, and cut apart fish. Leave the seascape whole. You may wish to add paperclips or magnetic tape to the fish to allow students to ‘catch’ them with a magnet wand or magnetic fishing pole to add a fun movement/motor element. A student page is included to check mastery of rhyming skills or send for homework.
• CVC Ocean Words: Print on cardstock, laminate, and cut out words and beach ball letters. Students sound out words and use beach balls to spell the words. Use a dry erase marker to spell the words below the beach balls, if desired. Students can also write the words with a dry erase marker. Use on a cookie sheet with magnetic tape, in a pocket chart, or make into a file folder activity.
• Sea of Sight Words:
Print, laminate, and cut apart fish. Attach a paperclip to cards and use a magnet wand or fishing pole with magnet attached. Students catch a fish and read the sight word, Keep the fish if the word is read correctly. You may wish to divide the words by list.
• Goldfish Cracker Color Sort, Graph, and Patterning Activities: Use Goldfish Crackers or goldfish provided to sort by color, graph, and pattern. Large fish patterns are provided to use as a large group activity and smaller fish are provided for students to follow along.
• Fish Number Cards from 1-30: Print, laminate and cut apart. Use for number recognition, have students pace in numeral order and/or use with fish 10 frame cards.
• Fish 10 Frames Cards from 1 to 20. Ten frame cards can be used to match with number cards 1-20. Play memory, go fish, in a pocket chart, or on a cookie sheet with magnetic tape.
• Fill in the Missing Number Cards up to 30. Print, laminate and cut apart. Students read the sequence of five numbers and determine the missing number.
• Number Bonds: Print, laminate, and cut apart. Students look at the pictures and complete the number bond by filling in the missing addend or sum. There are three levels to choose from, depending on your learner’s ability. There is a student worksheet included to check understanding or to use as homework.
• Mermaid and Scuba Diver Craftivities: Patterns to make scuba divers and mermaids along with writing prompts.
Use these ocean/beach activities as arrival/table time activities, center activities, small group instruction, stations, and during circle/learning times. These ocean activities are designed for preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten.
Follow my store by clicking the green star and blog
to be notified when new products are posted.
New items are discounted 50% for the first 48 hours!