* Aligns with MS-ESS2-3 "Develop and use a model to describe how unequal heating and rotation of the Earth cause patterns of atmospheric and oceanic circulation that determine regional climates"
In this lab activity students will use real-world data to create climographs for 3 coastal regions. Students will be able to see the impact that warm ocean currents and cold ocean currents have on the climate for that region.
* Student handouts and directions are provided on how to graph the climograph data.
* Climograph set-up pre-made for activity (3 included)
* Temperature and precipitation data is provided for 3 regions. (As an extension add your own regional data).
* Assessment Questions (5 total) for follow-up and analysis.
* Answer Key - sample answers for Assessment Questions.
* Teacher notes/ extension idea.