Also included in
- If you’re teaching about the ocean, this math and literacy bundle will give your students the extra exposure they need to get a firmer grasp on the vocabulary and concepts they’re learning. This is the perfect complement to a marine science unit or MARE week! Do you do a thematic week about the seaPrice $15.20Original Price $19.00Save $3.80
- Practice and extend science vocabulary all year with this set of 100 fun printable riddle cards about animals, weather, plants, the ocean, and the human body. These integrated curriculum cards and activities will help your students build important cross-curricular connections for learning that lastsPrice $16.20Original Price $20.50Save $4.30
- This bundle includes more than 300 seasonal and thematic riddle cards, riddle writing templates, and related games for vocabulary development.Click on any picture above to link to previews of all of the riddle sets that are included in this bundle! All are available separately, but you'll save nearPrice $46.00Original Price $62.75Save $16.75
Do you sometimes find that new science vocabulary just doesn't "stick" with your primary grade learners? This set of 24 ocean theme riddle cards plus related cross-curricular activities is a fun and engaging way to help your students master the new words and concepts you're teaching!
This resource is included in Oceans! Literacy and Math Bundle. If you own the bundle, you already own this set of riddle cards and activities!
Here's what this cross-curricular ocean set includes!
* 24 printable riddle cards (printing at four per page), along with 24 matching answer cards. Most of the topics are sea animals, but there are also riddles for other ocean words like reef, tidepool, waves, and tide.
* 24 photo cards that coordinate with the riddles
* 6 four in a row board games for use with the riddle cards
* A template to guide your students in writing their own riddles about the ocean
* An ocean-themed color by code activity to practice missing addends for sums within 12
Here are some ideas for using these science vocabulary activities!
* Use riddle cards to introduce words as you teach your ocean unit
* Use the riddle cards, answer cards, and photo cards as a read, solve, and match activity in your pocket chart center
* As a whole class or small group activity, use riddles to demonstrate how to integrate the information in the clues and use the information to eliminate incorrect choices
* Use the four in a row games in small groups or literacy center to practice the vocabulary.
* Use the template for a writing lesson. After your students write their own riddles about ocean vocabulary words, extend the learning into speaking and listening by planning a small performance!
* Bonus! Extend your ocean theme into math. Now includes an ocean-themed color by code activity for practice with missing addends.
* Use the riddle cards to review before an end-of-unit test.
* Any of the activities in this set would be appropriate for your fast finishers.
Thank you for your interest in this resource! You'll also like...
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
• Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
• Click here to follow my store. You'll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺
Copyright © Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you plan to share this product.