Also included in
- Looking for easy art drawing ideas to get your students excited about drawing? Directed draw for kids is a fun way to get students excited about art and help them develop their drawing skills. Picking easy art to draw builds confidence in young artists. Fun & Simple Sub PlansKid directed drawingPrice $21.00Original Price $31.00Save $10.00
- This bundle contains 10 directed drawings and 10 coloring pages, perfect to accompany your ocean unit. Read description below of each item included and click on the resource links to view previews of each item!DIRECTED DRAWINGS:This is a collection of May and Ocean Directed Drawings to help studentsPrice $4.80Original Price $6.20Save $1.40
These simple step by step directed drawing instructions help beginners learn how to draw with simple instructions so that primary students can feel successful in themselves as young artists. Kindergarten students are able to be self directed as they observe the instructions. 1st and 2nd grade students have the option to read the instructions as well. This resource is in pdf format so that it is easily printable.
What makes these Directed Drawings Different?
Elementary students sometimes struggle to start their artwork and can easily become discouraged. It can be intimidating to stare at a blank page, or feel frustrated when they cannot get the starting shape “right” and then they can feel deflated. I don’t know about you, but I can relate to this feeling! This product provides students with the initial step already drawn to scaffold learning so that they are able to start their image at the right size.
This Product Includes:
This pack is perfect to supplement your under the sea ocean theme ideas. Students can explore marine science through drawing ocean animals.
Included: Octopus, Crab, Sea star, Seahorse, Shark, Orca, Dolphin, Pufferfish, Butterflyfish, and Sea turtle. Visual and written instruction to go along with each sea creature.
How to Use this Resource:
- Drawing Center: Instructions can be placed on a drawing centre for students to explore independently. Instruction pages can be laminated and reused the next year!
- Whole Class Lesson: The whole class can follow along as the teacher walks students through each step.
- Field Trip Follow up: Teachers have used these products as a follow up to a class field trip to the ocean or aquarium.
- Early Finisher: This activity can be used as a fun activity for students to practice their drawing skills when they are finished other tasks early.
I am blown away by how creative teachers have been with these products and I will share their ideas with you!
Drawings can be used to: create bulletin boards, decorate lockers, as mother’s day cards, as art trading cards.
If you are interested in the Journal Prompts to go along with these drawings check out my May Journal resource. Available in 2 versions.
French Immersion Teachers: Journal Prompts are also available in FRENCH!!!
To see the other Seasonal Drawing Themes, explore the links below!
Save on the Year Bundle, with 100 Directed Drawings!
Connect with Me:
I would also LOVE to see how you use them in your classroom! Feel free to tag me or send me a message if you have any questions.
New products are posted at a discount for the first 48 hours! Follow me to know about sales and new product releases.