Also included in
- This bundle of hydrosphere activities allows fifth grade students to explore location and properties of water, the water cycle, waves, currents, and human impacts. Pages are included as printable PDFs, forced Google Slides, and digital Easel Activities.Open individual previews to get a better look a$19.00$23.00Save $4.00
- Fourth and fifth grade students explore water movement with labs, worksheets, and a STEM project. They learn about wind-driven waves and build their own wave simulator. Then they analyze a map and complete a lab to learn about currents. Finally, students learn about tides and graph them. Open the pr$6.00$8.00Save $2.00
- A variety of activities let fourth grade students explore NGSS standards for waves and their applications: waves (4-PS4-1), the eye and vision (4-PS4-2), and using patterns to transfer information (4-PS4-3). A bonus file includes objectives and a pacing guide. Open individual previews to get a close$8.00$10.00Save $2.00
- These activities and labs let students explore all NGSS physical science standards for fourth grade: speed and energy (4-PS3-1); sound, light, heat, and electric currents (4-PS3-2); collisions (4-PS3-3); converting energy (4-PS3-4); waves (4-PS4-1); the eye (4-PS4-2); and using patterns to transfer$45.00$57.00Save $12.00
- Looking for a variety of science activities, experiments, and projects that address the fourth grade NGSS standards? Look no further! This bundle offers curriculum support for all standards: life, physical, and earth. Kids participate in hands-on labs and stations, research projects, and more. Downl$89.00$111.00Save $22.00
- Looking for a variety of science activities and experiments that address fourth grade Nebraska standards? Look no further! This bundle offers curriculum support for all standards. Kids participate in hands-on labs and stations, engineering design challenges, research projects, and more. Download the$89.00$111.00Save $22.00
After learning about waves, students use the engineering design process to build their own simulators.
This set focuses on wind-driven waves, tsunamis, and tides in the oceans. A series of videos and simulations introduce the concepts.
- Lesson plans
- Links to supporting videos and websites
- Note taking sheet
- Diagrams – Three diagrams let kids explore properties pictorially: (1) how transverse waves are formed and how they move through water, (2) parts, and (3) motion of water molecules.
- STEM activity
Open the preview to take a closer look at all pages.
Would you like to be notified when I post new resources? Just follow me on TpT.
I'm committed to continual improvement. This resource was updated and enhanced on March 20, 2021.
Materials support NGSS 4-PS4-1 and 5-ESS2-1.