Dive in to learn about Pacific Ocean animals through ocean yoga poses for kids!
Join Maria as she explores the ocean with her granddad. Glide like a manta ray, float like a jellyfish, and cruise like a parrotfish. Learn what’s under the water, act out ocean animals, and practice colors! Age group: Toddler, preschoolers ages 2-5.
What’s included in this ocean yoga book for kids:
• An interactive ocean yoga book
• Includes a Parent-Teacher Guide
• 12 yoga poses throughout the book
• 10 Ways to Save the Ocean
• 50 pages
• Full-color picture book
What customers say about this ocean yoga book for kids:͞
"This book follows Maria as she goes on an underwater adventure with her grandfather. The reader explores the underwater world with her and learns all about sea creatures and their habitat. The learning comes alive through movement. There is a simple illustrated yoga pose for each page of the story. This makes it easy to follow. There is a supplementary list of yoga poses with illustrations and directions which is very useful. To compliment the theme of the book there is advice on how to care for the sea too.
Overall this book is fun and interactive. As a parent and a child psychotherapist, I highly recommend this book. It encourages self awareness, fun breath work, and relaxation. It will become part of my library of resources in work for using with children and with groups. At home it has immediately become a firm favourite with my 2 children. Thank you for this beautifully illustrated and wonderful book."
"Maria Explores the Ocean is a beautifully gentle story set within a colourful underwater scene, in which Maria and her grandfather explore the wonders of the ocean together. True to the purpose of Giselle Shardlow’s yoga stories it integrates movement, reading, and a whole lot of fun for young and mature yogis alike!
This book has a good rhythm and is beautifully illustrated, with a demonstration of each pose in the top corner as a super simple and easy-to-follow cue. As a toddler yoga teacher, I especially enjoyed the balance of asanas which cleverly resembled each animal and this resounded even with my 20 month old daughter. But best of all, the tips supplied for each of the poses along with encouragement from the author to be lighthearted and fun, allowing the children time to let their imagination run wild in each pose, is priceless. Just imagine darting through the water like a fish in Locust Pose or floating on your back like an otter in Happy Baby Pose…so much fun and smiles all round!
You’ll certainly feel connected, energised and joyful after practicing this together with your child/children but the benefits reach further than that. It helps to develop breath awareness through the action of inhaling and exhaling in a light-hearted way.
Most importantly, in a world that seemingly ‘never shuts off’, relaxation techniques give children a way to deal with stress. The reader is encouraged to reinforce the benefits and importance of quiet time for their minds and bodies and to introduce meditation (which can be as simple as sitting quietly for a couple of minutes), as a way to bring stillness to their highly stimulated lives.
Highly recommended for a toddler yoga class, school class or simply at home with your little one…no previous yoga experience is required. Love this book!”
When can you use this yoga book in your classroom or homeschool:
• during a transition time or subject change
• during morning meeting or circle time
• when you're stuck indoors
• for a brain break to calm their bodies and minds
• for a movement activity in your stations
• during your physical education class
• during your occupational therapy, physical therapy, or special education session
• with one child, small groups, or large groups
What are the benefits of yoga for kids:
• increases strength and flexibility
• helps them relax, unwind, and calm down to reduce stress and anxiety
• helps them sleep better
• promotes interaction between adult and child, as well as between multiple children
• improves their fine and gross motor skills, as well as their coordination
• develops self-confidence, self-expression, and body awareness
• promotes a healthy, active lifestyle
You might also like:
• Luke’s Beach Day
• The Grateful Giraffe: A Kids Yoga Feelings Book
• LOVE Yoga Cards for Kids
• Monthly Kids Yoga Themes
• Rachel’s Day in the Garden: A Spring Colors Yoga Book
• Good Night, Animal World: A Bedtime Yoga Book for Toddlers
• Anna and her Rainbow-Colored Yoga Mats
• Garden Yoga Cards for Kids
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points towards free TPT purchases. I love hearing your feedback.
Please contact me with any questions—I'm happy to help.
Learn, be active, and have fun!
For yoga tips and kids yoga resources, join our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter here
Follow us on