This Lapbook is one of a kind! It's doesn't have page after page of blank inserts. ALL the inserts already have information in them for your students to read, learn, and review as they complete this project.
This Lapbook focuses on five major countries in the Oceania region of the world. The countries included are Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Marshall Islands, and Solomon Islands. Each country has a matchbook you print two sided with each country's name, flag and capital in it. Also included are fold-outs that describe and show a picture of some Oceania landmarks and features.
Regional Features included are: Ayers Rock, Outback, Lake Eyre, Great dividing Range, Coral Sea, Great Barrier Reef, and Mariana Trench.
Included is a blank printable map of Oceania. Have your students color it and label with the country names, capitols, cities, mountain ranges, rivers or anything else you are teaching. You could also laminate this map so students can use it to quiz themselves with a dry erase marker.
National Geography Standards
NSS-G.K-12.1 THE WORLD IN SPATIAL TERMS
• Understand how to use maps and other geographic representations, tools, and technologies to acquire, process, and report information from a spatial perspective.
• Understand how to use mental maps to organize information about people, places, and environments in a spatial context.
• Understand how to analyze the spatial organization of people, places, and environments on Earth's surface. - See more at: http://www.educationworld.com/standards/national/soc_sci/geography/k_12.shtml#sthash.BbEf4z1C.dpuf
NSS-G.K-12.2 PLACES AND REGIONS
• Understand the physical and human characteristics of places.
• Understand that people create regions to interpret Earth's complexity.
• Understand how culture and experience influence people's perceptions of places and regions.