This lesson plan is set for teaching students about the societies of Oceania, which include the Polynesians, the Maori, the early Hawaiians, among others, and their development prior to the European encounter.
This lesson plan bundle includes:
- a lesson plan that highlights the Common Core standards met in this lesson,
- a PowerPoint with maps and images,
- a complete Movie Guide: “The Lost World of the Pacific” for Oceania Societies
with a two-part Q&A handout for a YouTube video documentary (with an answer key for the teacher),
- a DBQ
looking at Oceanic societies before European arrival.
- a handout for the Do Now if a class projector is not available,
- a thematic essay assessment with a sample essay.
This lesson pack addresses the Common Core State Standards. It has been updated with a page outlining the English Language Arts/History/Social Studies grades 9-10 as outlined at http://www.corestandards.org/ELA-Literacy/RH/9-10
The Common Core Standards were written and developed by The National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
This product is the work of All Things History Lesson Plans. It is intended to support the implementation of the CCCSS. No approval by, nor association with, the creators of the CCSS is intended or implied.