Common Core asks for a lot more student interaction with nonfiction format, and so I made this for my own class as part of our Ocean unit.
This packet includes:
1. Ocean Animals Scavenger Hunt! Students will find fact cards and use the information to answer questions for a fact scavenger hunt.
2. Sharks Vs. Dolphins! Includes two passages, one about sharks, and one about dolphins. Students will read each, then write down facts they learned about.
3. Sharks Vs. Dolphins Compare/Contrast Fold n/ Flap (see Preview)
4. Underwater World: Kelp Forests (article and page for students to compare to land forests)
5. My Ocean Animals Booklet: Mini flip book for students to keep notes on each animal they are learning about.
Thank you so much! Enjoy,