October - 32 terrific usable pages of lesson plans in one thematic workbook covering the entire month of October for your 1st to 4th grade students. Most pages are California State Standards based. Perfect for home school, too!
English language arts include:
* Reading comprehension
* October background information page with highlights on Columbus Day, the World Series, and Halloween
* Recognizing complete sentences
* October theme book report form
* Poem for choral reading with matching finger puppets
* Vocabulary/word search
* Sentence completion page
* Manuscript and cursive handwriting practice
* Creative writing prompt
* Editing/proofreading practice
Math includes: Basic math facts, Numbers, Math/color practice, Odd/even number identification, Addition, Subtraction, Ordered pairs, higher level thinking Word Problems.
Other pages include: October Calendar and Calendar notes, Columbus Day Coloring, Columbus Message Maze, Scrambled Word puzzle, Halloween coloring, recipe for October Cider, Halloween Paper Brad art, Secret Code, Spider science/word search, Crossword puzzle.
View the complete Table of Contents and Sample Pages by clicking on the Preview file.
* The entire Ready Sets series is also available at: www.readysets.com