OCTOBER PACKET- 6th Grade- Volume 1!!
CCSS are included on the answer key, however, this packet includes concepts for ALL STUDENTS to master!
Save money buy the bundle:
Fall MEGA bundle 6th grade Volume 1
Use for weekly assessments, pre/post-assessments, progress monitoring, fun exercises... anything you need.
Questions involve; poetry elements, compare/contrast, context clues, plot, characterization, analytical reading, comprehension, reading for meaning, and so much more!
**Many of these passages are cross-curricular**
Excerpts are taken from the Common Core Text Exemplars, others are nonfiction texts, graphs/maps/diagrams, and still others are from grade appropriate nonfiction and fictional texts in which I have permission from authors/publishers to use.
October's Packet Contents:
1 - Nonfiction – History of Halloween
- Key elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, synonyms, understanding text, compare/contrast
- PLUS – extra activity: Main Idea sections
2- Fiction – An excerpt from The Boy Who Said No
- Key elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, understanding text, tone, point of view, author style
3- Nonfiction – The Hubble Space Telescope
- Key elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, reading and understanding diagrams
- PLUS 2 extra activities – True/False, Fact/Opinion, and Pipeline Diagram
4- Poetry – Stopping By Woods On a Snowy Evening
- Key elements: Close read of a poem, poetry elements, conflict, tone, figurative language (imagery)
5- Nonfiction – Bones of the Cranium and Vertebral Column
- Key elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, understanding diagrams
- Bones of the Cranium and Vertebral Column – Math Component
o Includes 5 questions of comprehensive addition, subtraction, percentage and multiplication
6- Nonfiction – Everything You Want To Know About Apples
- Key elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, understanding facts, resources, illustrations, comprehending fliers.
7- Nonfiction – Johnny Appleseed
- Key elements: Close read, understanding text, context clus, synonyms, character, author’s purpose, compare/contrast, legends
8- Poetry – In 1492 (Columbus Day Poem)
- Key elements; Close read of a poem, deciphering meaning, understanding text, diagrams
- Write your Own Poem “In 2016”
9- Fiction – Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
- Key elements: Close read, deciphering meaning character, compare/contrast, understanding demeanor, characterization, point-of-view
- PLUS – extra activity Who I Am! Activity
10- Fiction - An excerpt from The Fall of the House of Usher
- Key elements: Close read, deciphering meaning, understanding text, mood, tone, imagery
Literature/Bibliography and Answer Key included. Lexile levels and Common Core Standards located on Answer Key!
*I truly value your feedback*
You may also like:
October Volume 2 for 6th Grade HERE!
Any questions or concerns... email@example.com
**NOTE: If you are purchasing more than one grade level packet of the same month within middle school (6-8) please note that they are extremely similar. This is because Common Core groups middle school as 6-8 and the concepts are very similar throughout the three years. Some passages/questions differ depending on the monthly packet. Please read the contents carefully and email if you have any questions!
Have a great year!
Novel Nutritious Creations
© 2015 Novel Nutritious Creations. Permission is granted to buyer for single classroom use. No part of this work, including clip art, may be copied and/or reused in another product or format.