Want to take your Fix-It Sentences above and beyond? Then this is the product for you! I have created fix-it sentences that focus on phonics skills and sight words weekly to make reading them manageable so student can focus on correcting the sentence. I have also included a PowerPoint that shows the uncorrected sentence, the corrections, and then corrected sentence so planning and instructing is a piece of cake! So that you may use this product at any point in the year, I have included a version with October titles and Unit 3 titles!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE EXACTLY WHAT IS INCLUDED!!
How This Unit Is Different and Better Than Anything Like It
I have always felt like other Fix-It Sentences were lacking. I wanted to take them a little bit further. To accomplish that I had the sentences line up with each week of Saxon Phonics instruction. (You by no means need to teach Saxon Phonics to use this unit. I have just used their sequence of sight words and phonics skills to create the sentences.) Each week has a phonics focus and sight word focus to help students read and so students can focus on correcting the sentence. Each week ends with a section for students to practice their skills. They are required to write a sentence for a picture I have provided. This helps relate fix-it sentences to the real world and make it more meaningful. I have included a checklist for students as they correct, so they know their expectations, and for you to use to grade! I also included a PowerPoint version of the fix-it sentences. For each day, there is a slide with the uncorrected sentence. On the next slide there is an animation that will show the correcting marks one by one. Then, there is a slide showing the corrected sentence.
- 4 Weeks of fix-it sentences
- 3 Different styles of fix-it sentences
- A PowerPoint of all of the fix-it sentences that show the uncorrected sentence, illustrate the corrections, and show the answer
- Poster describing what to capitalize
- Poster showing how to make capitalization correction marks
- Poster showing how to correct a sentence that needs a capital letter
- Poster listing ending marks
- Poster showing how to make ending mark correction marks
- Poster showing how to correct a sentence that needs an ending mark
***Each page/slide has an October title and Unit 3 title***
This unit is meant to introduce Fix-It sentences to students and to review skills they have most likely been taught in a previous grade. It focuses on the basics of sentence structure:
- Capital letters at the beginning sentences
- Periods and question marks at the end of sentences
- Proper handwriting and letter formation
- Using finger spaces to properly space words.
Phonics Skills and Sight Words Used In Creating the Sentences
Week 1: a consonant e, spelling with final ke, o consonant e, i consonant e, e consonant e, contractions, could, school, would, brought, fought, thought, bought, should
Week 2: x, y, sh, oo, have, says, live, give
Week 3: floss rule, v, spelling with final -ve, spelling with final c, eye, people
Week 4: -ble, -fle, -ple, -dle, -tle, -gle, -cle, -kle, -sle, -zle, any, other, many, only, brother, another
FIND THE BUNDLE HERE AND SAVE!
***You May Also Enjoy***
October Writing UnitHalloween Fluency and Phoneme Segmentation Bundle