These 10 Halloween and Fall themed ELA Literacy Centers for first grade are perfect to start your year off! They are aligned with Common Core State Standards.
The following centers with worksheets are included:
1. Spooky Words: Build the puzzle to spell the spooky words: Frog, spell, ghost, cat, moon, book, candy, bat.
2. Syllable Fall: Sort the fall themed picture and word cards into the syllable categories.
3. Non Fiction Book: Carving a Pumpkin: Read the story and answer the question.
4. Fiction Book: Halloween Fun: Read the story and answer the question.
5. Spooky Families: Sort the spell bubbles into their word family cauldrons: -ap, -ad, -an, -am ; -ed, -em, -eg, -et ; -ig, -im, -it, -in ; -op, -ox, -od, -to ; -um, -ub, -ug, -un.
6. Batty Blends: 2 Players: read the blends on the bats and put them on the tree.
7. Pumpkin opposites: Match the opposites with the pumpkins:
hot, cold, day, night, big, small, white, black, in, out, happy, sad, clean, dirty, open, closed, empty and full.
8. Common Nouns: Sort the common nouns into the categories.
9. Fall Rewrite: Rewrite the fall themed sentences correctly.
10. Letter Picture match. Look at the picture and find the matching vowel and beginning sound.